Welcome to My Website!
Over the last 20 years in education, I’ve found that many families deal with the daily stress of homework. Arguments between parents and their children rarely conclude with a winner and the parent/child relationship almost always suffers. As an expert in education, I can help you to eliminate the homework stress that causes turmoil in your family.
I am thrilled to present my second book, A Guide to Private Schools: The Washington DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland Edition, focused on helping parents select the right private school in the area for their child. My key goal is to arm parents with information to help them make the right choices for their children, while weighing the critical and timely issues of application processes, competition, and financial commitments.
I hope all parents considering an independent education for their child in the DC metro area will take the time to read this book!
Learn more about Ann
Articles for Solving Your Child’s Academic Challenges
- The New Science of Learning: How to Learn More in Less Time
- Why Is Learning Style So Important?
- Simple Ways to Help Your Easily Frustrated Child
- In Praise of Praise — Powerful Words to Motivate Your Child
- 4 Proven Ways to Help Your Rusher Slow Down
- The Science Behind “I’m Bored”
- What Is the REAL Key to Academic Success
Learn How Ann Can Help You
Ann Dolin is extremely well versed in DC area schools, both public and independent. She has cultivated a careful process that allows her to pinpoint and prioritize the family’s wants and needs in a school. Her staff is carefully selected and is a supportive element that allowed us to have the necessary testing done right in her offices, which made our children feel very comfortable. Ann has truly streamlined the process and we believe she is the reason our children got into the schools of their choice.”
— Michele Rice, Falls Church, VA
Ann speaks extensively on education-related topics and is available to present to parents and teachers throughout the Metropolitan D.C. area. Below is a list of Ann’s most popular topics:
- Homework Made Simple — Tips, Tools, and Solutions for Stress-Free Homework
- Attention Please! Strategies to Help Your Student Focus, Finish, and Study More Effectively
- The Science Behind Learning: Research-based Strategies to Increase Motivation and Improve Grades
- The College Prep Timeline: Answers to Common Yet Challenging Questions
- More Topics